Barnes & Noble NOOK GLOWLIGHT eBook Reader - WiFi - E-Ink (BNRV500)
Availability : Out Of Stock
Product Type : Tablets & eReader
Vendor : Barnes & Noble
SKU : BAN-NOOKGLOW2014N
Barnes & Noble Nook GLOWLIGHT BNRV500
- Our highest resolution E Ink® display with 60% more pixels
- Our latest GlowLight® illuminates the page more evenly
- Carry up to 2,000 books anywhere on the lightest NOOK ever
- Amazingly long battery life – Lasts up to 8 weeks¹
- Over 3 million books – get them in seconds with built-in Wi-Fi®
Our Best Reading Experience YetEnjoy crisper text with 60% more pixels on our most advanced eReader. With a no-glare screen and higher resolution, reading indoors and out is easier than ever.
All-New GlowLightNOOK's latest GlowLight® is easy to adjust and provides a more evenly dispersed light for a perfect reading experience in dim light or total darkness.
Carry All Your Books With YouNOOK GlowLight holds up to 2,000 books, so you'll never be without a great read. Need something new? Shop right from your NOOK and download books in seconds with built-in Wi-Fi.
Our Lightest, Most Comfortable eReaderNOOK GlowLight is ultra-slim and 18% lighter than NOOK Simple Touch®. Featuring a soft-touch trim and rounded corners, it fits easily into the natural curve of your hand.
Massive SelectionChoose from over 3 million books – including a million FREE titles – as well as magazines, and newspapers. Get instant access to popular lists and personalized recommendations from Barnes & Noble experts.
Customized Fonts for Easy ReadingSix stunning fonts optimized exclusively for NOOK combine the art of monotype with the latest technology, ensuring each character is fine-tuned to be as sharp as on the printed page.
New Display - Now More DurableWith a new top layer material and lamination process, NOOK GlowLight's display stands up to keys, pens, and anything else you might carry with you.
Amazingly Long Battery LifeYou can read for up to 8 weeks on a single charge¹, making it easy to take your NOOK everywhere. It's perfect for travelling – and you don't even have to pack your charger.
Borrow and Share Books for FREEWith NOOK GlowLight you can borrow books from your local library for free. Plus, our LendMe® feature makes it easy for you to share your favorite books with other NOOK owners.
In-Store NOOK Support - Always FREEVisit any Barnes & Noble and receive FREE, in-person support to help you get started, organize your library, or discover your next great read.
- Brighter, more evenly dispersed light
- Turns on and off instantly
- Adjust brightness with just a touch
Lightest NOOK Ever
Height: 6.5 inches
Width: 5.0 inches
Depth: 0.42 inches
Weight: 6.2 ounces2
Extra-long Battery Life
- Read for up to 8 weeks on a single charge (with GlowLight on at default brightness or off and wireless off)1
- Rechargeable battery (installed)
- Charge via USB from a computer (Charging time: approximately 4 hours from computer)
Our Highest Resolution E Ink® Display
- Resolution: 758 x 1024
- 6-inch touchscreen with infrared touch technology and E Ink® Pearl Display
- Built-in, anti-glare screen film for easy reading - even in bright sun
- Adjustable text sizes and font styles
- Download books instantly
- Wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
- FREE Wi-Fi in all Barnes & Noble stores and 30,000 AT&T® hotspots nationwide
Twice As Much Memory
- Holds up to 2,000 books (4GB Memory: 2.5GB for content, of which 2GB reserved for B&N content)3
- Micro-USB connector charges your battery and connects to your computer
Supported File Types
- ePub, PDF
- Graphic: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP4
In the Box
- NOOK GlowLight
- Micro-USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Rechargeable battery (installed)
- Built-in anti-glare screen film
2Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
34GB: 2.5GB for content, of which 2GB is reserved for NOOK Store content. Actual formatted capacity may be less. 1GB=1 billion bytes.
4Contains Reader® Mobile technology by Adobe Systems Incorporated
"Monotype" and "iType" are trademarks of Monotype Imaging Inc. registered in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and may be registered in certain other jurisdictions.