LEGO Architecture Brandenburg Gate 21011
- Interpretation of real-world architectural landmark the Brandenburg Gate.
- Booklet included with details on design and history (English language only. Other languages available for download).
- Measures 3.6" (9.2cm) tall, 8.8" (22.4cm) wide and 3.7" (9.6cm) deep.
- Collect the entire Landmark and Architect series sets.
- LEGO Architecture inspires future architects, engineers and designers.
Product description Build a LEGO replica of the Brandenburg Gate! Create an
historical monument with this real-world architectural replica of the Berlin s
famous Brandenburg Gate. Ages:12+ Pieces:363 From the Manufacturer
Commissioned by King Frederick William II of Prussia as a sign of peace, the
Brandenburg Gate has been one of Berlin's most important monuments for over
200 years - both as an architectural landmark and historic symbol. The
grandest of a series of 18 gates circling the city, the Brandenburg Gate was
constructed between 1788-1791 from the Propylaea-inspired designs of architect
Carl Gotthard Langhans. This sandstone gate consists of twelve Doric columns
that combine to form five passageways, topped by the imposing Johann Gottfried
Schadow statue, Quadriga - a four-horse chariot ridden by Victoria, the Roman
Goddess of victory. This LEGO Landmark series interpretation of the
Brandenburg Gate was designed by US architect Adam Reed Tucker in
collaboration with the LEGO design team.