Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ (B PLUS) 512MB Computer Board
- 700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 CPU / 512 MB SDRAM @ 400MHz / 10/100 Ethernet RJ45 on-board network
- Full size HDMI / 4 USB ports / Micro SD slot
- More energy efficiency (less power required) / Improved power management: manage more devices from your Pi
- GPIO header expanded (40 pins vs. 26)
- New 4-pole connector replaces the existing analogue and composite video port on the Model B
As seen on the Manufacturer's website - MODEL B is the original Raspberry Pi,
MODEL B+ is the higher-spec variant of the Raspberry Pi. It replaced the
original Model B in July 2014. Compared to the Model B it has: More GPIO. The
GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the
first 26 pins as the Model B. More USB. We now have 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared
to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour. Micro SD.
The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-
push micro SD version. Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators
with switching ones weve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power
supply. Neater form factor. Weve aligned the USB connectors with the board
edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-
placed mounting holes.